Are you bored? Want some fun? Try some light reading and educate yourself with some tips for when you travel to various states all across America. We have put together some of America’s nuttiest, most absurd laws that are still in effect today. They probably are not heavily enforced, thanks to how ridiculous they are, but if they are enforced, you can technically be fined or arrested.
- In California, no driver-less vehicle can go faster than 60 miles per hour. Yet, a driver-less vehicle going 59 miles per hour on the road is fine, because it is totally safe.
- In Connecticut, a pickle will achieve true pickle status only if it bounces. If it does not bounce, it cannot be called a pickle. Be ready for that 5 second rule to grab that pickle or non-pickle after its bounce.
- In Alaska, you cannot give a moose a beer. So do not bother inviting them to your house party.
- In Virginia, you and the other person must be true lovers and be able to prove it if you want to have sex. If you cannot prove that, then you can be fined. Good luck with that, it is hard enough to prove to your significant other how true your love is.
- In Idaho, you will get up to 14 years in prison for cannibalism – that sounds about right. However, if you had to kill and eat your friend to survive, you know, survival of the fittest, then you are off the hook.
- In South Carolina, you must be at least 18 years of age to use a pinball machine. That is when the fun begins.
- In Ohio, you cannot give alcohol to a fish. They are probably fine with their regular tank water anyway.
- In Illinois, you may not fall asleep in a cheese factory, bake shop, candy store, or ice cream shop. If you want to dream about food, do it at home.
- In New Jersey, if you are going to commit murder, do not wear a bulletproof vest. It is illegal to wear the vest during this act, which actually also makes the fight more fair. P.S. It is also illegal to commit murder, in case you did not know.
Is your head kind of raw from all the head-scratching you just did? Ours too. Remember, you probably will not get arrested for these crimes but if you do, you cannot say we did not warn you.
If you, or someone you know, has been arrested in California for letting your car, without you in the driver seat, go 60 miles or faster or has been arrested for any other crime that makes sense, please contact Tulare Bail Bond Store. You can contact us online or on the phone at 559-237-1054. Consultation is always FREE, so feel free to call and speak with one of our bail agents about our no down payment bail bonds. We are here to help you or your loved one get out of jail and back home quickly.